Sunday 10 August 2008

West Thamesmead Leopard Sighting


A Black Leopard has been reported from Goldfinch Road, West Thamesmead. A man, who did not wish to be named, was awoken at 3:00 am during Saturday 9th August, by a strange screeching sound. Upon peering out out of the curtains he saw a small animal race along the pathway, and then something larger caught his attention, he said: "I saw a black animal rolling on the grass between two trees. I thought to myself, 'Bloody hell! That's the biggest moggy I've ever seen', and then thought, 'It must be a dog'. However, its head was cat-like and its tail was very long. It walked to the left to some bushes and I moved the other curtain but couldn't see it."
The animal the man saw was a black leopard which over the last few years has become known as the beast of Bexley, a creature around 4-5 ft in length.

No comments: